Saturday, July 11, 2009
Product Features and Technical Details
* 10.0-megapixel resolution for large, photo quality prints
* 12x wide-angle optical zoom; dual image stabilization
* Face Detection with Auto Red-Eye Removal; ISO 6400
* 2.7-inch LCD screen with Micro Thumbnail View
* 23 MB built-in memory; capture images to SD/SDHC memory cards (not included)
* Continuous Shooting and Panoramic Shooting modes
* Continuous Moving Subjects AF = Anti blur shooting
* High Sensitivity ISO1600 at full resolution
* Dimensions 102.5 (W) X 73.0 (H) X 67.8 (D) mm / 4.1 (W) X 2.9 (H) X 2.7 (D) in. (excluding accessories and attachments)
* Weight Approx. 324 g / 11.4 oz. (excluding accessories, batteries and memory card)
From the Manufacturer
In the tradition of the popular and well-received FinePix S1000, Fujifilm presents its successor, the FinePix S1500. This 10-megapixel long zoom digital camera offers great range and flexibility with a Fujinon 12x optical zoom (33mm-396mm equivalent) and like all FinePix S-series digital cameras, includes Fujifilm's Dual Image Stabilization and SR AUTO Automatic Scene Recognition mode to easily provide the best quality picture with increased clarity and sharpness, even in low light conditions. The FinePix S1500 also sports enhanced features like Panoramic mode, a Zoom Bracketing feature and full manual controls insuring the S1500 will keep up as your photographic skills develop.
Automatic Scene Recognition
SR Auto (Automatic Scene Recognition) enables the FinePix S1500 to intelligently recognize six types of scenes automatically. For each picture taken in this mode, the S1500 will optimize the ideal exposure, focus, white balance and ISO for the scene to ensure the best quality picture is captured with ease.
Dual Image Stabilization
Dual Image Stabilization is a marriage of mechanical sensor shift stabilization, to steady the photographer's hand, and Fujifilm's Picture Stabilization Technology, which uses fast shutter speeds with ISO high sensitivity, to prevent virtually all types of image blur. As a result, an increase in clarity and sharpness is achieved, even in low lighting conditions.
Rounding out the FinePix S1500's powerful feature set is a large 2.7-inch high-resolution (230k dots) LCD, electronic viewfinder (EVF) and ISO levels of up to ISO 1600 at full resolution.
Fujifilm's FinePix S1500 also offers the following useful features:
* Full Manual Photographic Control: Photo enthusiasts and advanced photographers have total control with manual adjustment options for various camera settings including resolution, ISO, aperture, shutter speed and more.
* Face Detection with Automatic Red Eye Removal: Face Detection operates by identifying and prioritizing faces in a framed scene, and then adjusting the focus and exposure accordingly to ensure the sharpness and clarity of human subjects in the picture, regardless of background. After a shot is captured, each detected face is instantly checked for red eye. If it is found, it is corrected automatically, saving the time-consuming process of fixing it later.
* Instant Zoom: Instant Zoom makes it easy to frame and compose shots with moving subjects at high zoom settings. A selectable frame on the LCD screen lets you bracket and track the subject in standard wide view. When the shutter is released, Instant Zoom boosts the zoom ratio and captures only the enlarged area as a full-sized image, keeping the subject in the frame.
* Continuous High Speed Shooting mode: This mode allows moving subjects to be captured by shooting high-speed shots of up to 15 frames at 7.5 fps at 2MP and six frames at 3.3 fps at 5MP.
* Panoramic Shooting mode: Users can capture, combine and save a maximum of three consecutive shots at 3MP resolution each as a panoramic picture.
* Movie Recording: VGA quality at 30 frames per second with sound.
* 14 Pre-programmed Scene Modes: The FinePix S1500 features 14 pre-programmed scene modes that offer a one-touch setting for almost any situation.
* SD / SD-HC Compatible slot: A single media slot that accepts SD/SD-HC media cards.
* Operates on 4xAA Batteries: The ultimate in convenience and accessibility, using AA batteries means in a pinch, more batteries are just moments away. Four x AA alkaline battery power delivers 300 shots and up to 700 shots using lithium AA battery.
10-megapixel effective recording * 2-11/16" LCD screen * electronic viewfinder * 12X optical zoom (5.7 digital/68.4X total zoom) * optical image stabilization * 35mm equivalent lens focal length: 33-396 * top JPEG resolution: 3648 x 2736 * face detection identifies people in your frame and adjusts focus and exposure for better portraits * in-camera red-eye detection and automatic correction * panorama mode stitches up to 3 consecutive shots into a seamless photo * variable sensitivity (film speed equivalent) settings including a high sensitivity mode for low-light and flash-free shooting *